It is the most frequently performed aesthetic medicine treatment. Botulinum toxin (commonly referred to as “botox”) is a drug that reduces muscle tension. Botulinum toxin is used to remove wrinkles and treat various diseases such as strabismus, neurological disorders associated with excessive muscle tension, and excessive sweating. To eliminate mimic wrinkles, very low concentrations of the toxin are used, which do not affect other nervous system elements except in the area where the injection was given.
Botulinum toxin – is a strong natural toxin that inhibits the release of acetylcholine – a neurotransmitter responsible for the transmission of impulses between nerves and muscles. The action of the toxin prevents the contractions of the paralyzed muscle.
Where can you make it
- Medistica Medycyna + Piękno
What does the procedure look like?
Botulinum toxin is injected using a disposable syringe with a very fine needle. A small amount of the preparation is precisely injected into several places on the face. The procedure is short. Depending on the number of treated sites (injection points), this takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The injection pain is minimal. The procedure does not require local anesthesia. Due to the patient’s comfort, an anesthetic cream is sometimes used before the procedure.
- wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- forehead wrinkles (horizontal, lion’s wrinkle)
- lateral and medial elevation of the eyebrows
- wrinkles around the mouth (smoker’s lines)
- underarms, hands and feet hyperhidrosis, etc.
- pregnancy, lactation
- tendency to develop hypertrophic and keloid scars
- current skin infection
- neurological (neuromuscular) diseases
- hypersensitivity to botulinum toxin
Botulinum toxinWrinkles removal
Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- forehead lines 300 – 700 zł
- crown feet 300 – 700 zł
- frown lines 300 – 700 zł
- lips area wrinkles 300 zł
- bunny lines 300 zł
- palms 1500 – 2600 zł
- feet 2000 – 3100 zł
- armpits 1500 – 2600 zł
- head area 1000 – 2100 zł