Trichological consultation and trichoscopy
Trichology is a branch of medicine with a very narrow specialization, dealing with diseases of the scalp and hair, which may have various causes. The trichologist uses his specialist knowledge and modern equipment to diagnose and treat the problem correctly.
Trichology – crucial in the treatment of numerous diseases
There are many causes of scalp and hair diseases, and some of them are undoubtedly in the interest of trichology. These include i.a. conditions such as:
– various types of scalp irritation and inflammation,
– seborrheic dermatitis,
– hair loss,
– androgenic alopecia (genetic),
– anagenic alopecia (occurring, for example, after chemotherapy),
– alopecia areata (autoimmune),
– scarring alopecia (occurring as a result of permanent damage to the hair follicles),
– telogen effluvium (occurs when most of the hair is at rest),
– mechanical alopecia (as a result of frequent hair styling),
– trichotillomania (alopecia caused by obsessive rubbing of the head),
– trichotillomania (alopecia resulting from the patient pulling their hair).
Where can you make it
- Medistica Medycyna + Piękno
The course of a trichological consultation with trichoscopy
During the consultation in the office, the trichologist interviews the patient and performs a trichoscopy. It is a non-invasive and painless examination that uses the dermoscopy technique, which allows you to run a very detailed analysis of the condition of the scalp and hair and blood vessels and their types.
Therefore, a trichologist can accurately assess the condition of the hair shaft and determine the types of present hair and check the hair follicle openings, for example, for the presence of empty hair follicles or plugs inside.
Therefore, trichoscopy is a test necessary to make an accurate diagnosis and prepare a treatment plan. It is also used to monitor the progress and effectiveness of a chosen approach.
It is also worth noting that the trichological tests can help detect diseases such as diabetes, gout, thyroid diseases, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, or autism.
- seborrheic dermatitis
- any type of excessive hair loss
- all types of alopecia: androgenic, scarring, plaque
- monitoring the progress of treatment and hair regrowth
Dermatological – trichological consultation
- Trichoscopy with a medical consultation 400 zł
- Taking a biopsy from the scalp with the histopathological examination 320 zł
- Mycological examination 20 zł
- Bacteriological examination 50 zł