What is IVF/ICSI/IMSI?
In Vitro Fertilization – IVF is an assisted reproductive technology involving:
- the collection of gametes from both partners,
- incubation of eggs and sperm together under the controlled lab conditions,
- embryo culture (3 to 5 days),
- embryo transfer directly into the uterine cavity.
Before IVF lengthy controlled ovarian stimulation with hormonal medications is required.
Methods of oocyte fertilization:
- IVF – a simple mix of prepared eggs and sperm,
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) – an injection of a sperm into an oocyte,
- IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection) – an improved microinjection method with specially selected sperm
Over the years of embryology and reproductive medicine development, the incidence of complications and side effects of fertility treatments dropped down significantly. At the same time, the effectiveness of IVF increased.
Additional techniques used in embryology
AH (assisted hatching) – zona pellucida is cut just before the transfer of the embryo. It aims to ease implantation in the endometrium.
EMBRYO GLUE – a anesthetic special substance supposed to improve the effectiveness of embryo implantation.
What are the indications for IVF?
The indications for IVF are:
- male factor: significantly reduced semen parameters or sperm obtained from TESE, PESA,
- tubal factor infertility,
- abnormal response to ovulation stimulation (resistance to stimulation or excessive response-OHSS),
- unsuccessful treatment with other methods.
In fertile couples, the indications for IVF are:
- postponed fertility due to medical indications (fertility preservation in cancer, other treatments leading to premature ovarian failure),
- need of PGT, esp. family history of genetic disorders
IN VITRO PACKAGE – INFERTILITY TREATMENT „MEDISTICA” 9500 zł
A full course of treatment by IVF from the initial visit, cycle monitoring up to oocyte retrieval, and depending on treatment success – until the last frozen embryo is transferred. The price in the package is fixed regardless of the number of frozen embryos and performed transfers.
- The first consultation with evaluation for an IVF procedure – 250 PLN
- Compulsory and recommended tests for couples – 1600 PLN
- Tests during stimulation, anesthetic package, NAT test on puncture day (pair) – 600 PLN
- Cycle monitoring – 400 PLN
- Oocyte retrieval anesthesia and anesthetic care – 1750 PLN
- IVF, including embryo culture – 3950 PLN
- Embryos freezing (from 1 to 6) – 700 PLN to 2700 PLN
- Embryos transfers – depending on the number of performed transfers (from 1 to 6) – 200 PLN to 7200 PLN
TOTAL COSTS OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE: between 10450 PLN and 18450 PLN
THE PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- The costs of medicines
- Additional techniques for in vitro procedure are selected according to patients’ personal history but are not medically necessary
- Embryos storage after the first year
- Oocyte freezing
OOCYTE RETRIEVAL UNDER GENERAL ANAESTHESIA (+ ANAESTHETIC CARE) 1750 zł
IVF/ICSI FERTILIZATION WITH PARTNER SEMEN (+ EMBRYOS CULTIVATION- LABORATORY PROCEDURES, EMBRYOS DEVELOPMENT MONITORING SYSTEM) 3950 zł
IVF/ICSI FERTILIZATION WITH DONOR SEMEN (+ EMBRYOS CULTIVATION – LABORATORY PROCEDURES, EMBRYOS DEVELOPMENT MONITORING SYSTEM) 5250 zł
IMSI (EXTRA FEE FOR ICSI PROCEDURE) 500 zł
PICSI (EXTRA FEE FOR ICSI PROCEDURE) 500 zł
EMBRYO TRANSFER (TRANSFER OF A FRESH EMBRYO) 1200 zł
EMBRYO-GLUE (EXTRA FEE FOR TRANSFER) 500 zł
ASSISTED HATCHING – INCISION OF THE EMBRYOS CASE (EXTRA FEE FOR TRANSFER) 500 zł